Welcome to the sixth edition of Galala Challenge taking place this October 14th, 2022.
Our aim this year is to promote having safer roads for cycling. The theme of this event is Together Green. We look forward to raising awareness of cycling, enhancing the quality of life of individuals through sports, encouraging people to travel within Egypt safely using bikes and introducing sports tourism in Egypt.
Inspired by Egypt's road to the 27th UN Climate action (COP27), which will take place in Sharm El Sheikh this coming November 2022, we are also promoting bicycle's environmental sustainability while using a zero emission form of transport thus reduced carbon emissions and improved air quality.
Galala Challenge VI will start from the Olympic City on Sokhna road and end in Galala Marina at Galala International City.
Celebration will take place at the Galala Marina right after the ride.
The ride is 125km long with almost 1,000m of elevation. It’s a challenging one, so make sure you get ready and train well.
- Olympic City to Galala toll gates: 70KM
- Olympic City to Galala toll gates after a 10km climb on Galal road: 90KM
- Olympic City to Galala Marina 125KM
The ride starts with sunrise from the Olympic City on Sokhna road. First nutrition stop is after 30km where you will find water, nutrition and bathrooms. We will continue on Sokhna road until Galala road entrance where we will turn right. The second nutrition stop will be at the 70km mark (Galala toll booth). We will then continue our way climbing Galala road till the 108km mark, where you will take the tunnel and turn left, you will continue straight ahead towards the coastal road where you will find directions to guide you to the finish line. The ride will end inside Galala Resort by the coastal road at Galala International Marina.
Schedule Of The Day
06:00 AM Meeting at the Olympic City on Sokhna road
06:30 AM First wave starts
08:30 AM First 70KM group reaches the finish line
09:00 AM Shuttle buses start moving from 70KM & 90KM’s finish line to Galala Resort for celebration
10:00 AM First group of cyclists reaches Galala Resort
11:00 AM Celebration
02:00 PM End of day and buses start moving back to the starting point
Early Bird Price: LE 700 (until 31st of July)
Regular Price: LE 850 (ends 30th of September)
- Finish line celebration
- Transportation from the ending point to the starting point
- Event cycling jersey
- Finisher's medal
- Photography and videography
- Access to aid stations on the road
- Support on the road
- Entertainment along the route
- Access to the recovery station at the final destination point
- Discount on training packages at PowerRide
Terms and Conditions
- Registration and is completed online through our website: www.powerridesports.com
- Payment should be done following the registration either on the website or at Power Ride, Maadi (within 48 hours).
- Your ticket can only be transferred to another participant through PowerRide under certain circumstances.
- Participants must present a copy of their ID along with the confirmation email at the event's briefing to receive their kit.
- Deadline for changing your registered distance is September 30th, 2022.
- Your ticket is 50% refundable until September 4th, 2022
- Your ticket is 25% refundable until September 18th, 2022
- Your ticket is non-refundable after October 2nd, 2022